»

Feb 15, 2014

#iamsorry

Mcabe stumbled upon the #iamsorry exhibit right after it opened and went in.

He told me he thought I should go.  It felt as if I should.  So I did.


Day One

I arrived at 11:30 a.m.  Brad came to wait with me.  We waited in line till 6:00 p.m. but I did not make it in.  Almost...but not quite.  There were maybe 1/2 dozen people ahead of me when all were sent home.

Before I left...I told the security guard he would see me in the morning.  He suggested I arrive by 10:00 a.m. 

photo credit: unknown



Day Two

I arrived at  9:30 a.m.  Galilee came to wait with me.  At 4:30 p.m. I contemplated moving my car again (every 2 hours) but I didn't.  At 5:30 I thought to myself..."I most likely have a ticket on my wind shield so there's no point in moving it now." Not wanting to risk being absent if I were ever to get on deck ...I counted the cost of staying (maybe I didn't have a ticket yet) and chose to stand firm.   We waited in line till 6:00 p.m. but I did not make it in.  Almost...but not quite.  Again...there were maybe 1/2 dozen people ahead of me when all were sent home.

I waved farewell to the security guard, Ken.  "Till tomorrow.  Have a good night."  

A $68 ticket was waiting for me.








Day Three

I arrived at 4:47 a.m.


 I was #13 in line.


Brad and Zion arrived with Valentine's flowers for me.  We prayed together right before I entered.




Photo Credit:  Rodrigo Vargas Design



I got in at 2:45 p.m. Over the next 15 minutes I said what I came to say to Shia.   And then I went home.
  

What an honor.  For such a time as this.   







0 comments: