»

Jan 29, 2014

Me & Writing

UPDATE:

Wouldn't you know it...THIS SERMON is preached as I am going through this process with my writing.   The Lord. 

______________________________



I'm sure some of you might be tired of hearing me talk about my writing.  I know this because I am tired of hearing myself talk about my writing.

Or to put it in more honest terms...my lack of writing.

My false starts.

My stalls.

My paralysis.

Here is what I'm thinking.  Even when I am not writing I am writing.   It's always been that way in my brain.  I am constantly writing and sometimes...what I am writing makes it onto paper.

Being back in LA has been so strange.  My mindset here is so different than it used to be.

The bottom line is...I used to write cuz I was trying to prove something.  To others and to myself.  I found my glory in writing.  My security.  My value.  It's one of the places where I found my identity.

We Burn Our Idols 

Now...I see all that as so pointless.  It's all vanity.

This week...in the news...I see that a man who secretly gave his girlfriend the abortion pill was sentenced to 14 years behind bars.  One of the screenplay treatments I burned in that there  fire ^ ...written 20 years ago....was titled RU486 and it was pretty much this current events story verbatim.  

I'm not really sure what that ^ has to do with me and the Lord and my writing...except for the fact that I think it means something.  To me. 

The Lord has been so silent for so long in this area of my life.  Occasionally...I get little whispers.  Like little prompts.  Then nothing.  Long periods of silence.

This has happened in other areas of my life as well.  Relationally.  With certain sin areas.  Little nudges show up then disappear.  Then..it always comes to a crisis moment...where all the little nudges add up to action.  And I go forth confidently...in obedience.

Last week I told the Lord that I would be obeying Him and writing things down on paper.

Since then...nothing has come to me.  No inspiration.  No middle of the night downloads w/ a need for a pen & paper on the nightstand.

It's frustrating.  Cuz I want to do what He has for me to do.

Today I woke up with a sense of urgency.  Today is the day.  Today is the day I write down what is in my head.

There you have it.
















2 comments:

Jananagramps said...

I love this and think God has in store something for you to write and/or may have something in store for what you have already written! I think that God is speaking to you through peace to wait on the Lord and in His time and will, knowing full well the talent God has put in you will end up being something great and something full that will capture those needing to be captured. A part of me tells me, you have already been commissioned and commanded to love and from the overflow of the heart will be put to paper through you and maybe few and maybe many will be drawn near to Him! Many blessings and much encouragement to you in your path and ministering to others! Waste not, want not!

Ms. Adams said...

Talk. You can. Live your gift .