»

Mar 26, 2013

Homosexuality and the Christian Faith

I have a new hero...in the faith.

Her name is Dr. Rosaria Butterfield.  She is obviously intelligent...but it's her wisdom I admire.

She's funny.

Love her strait forwardness.

She's transparent and seems super humble.

Authentic.

And full of compassion.

I want to meet this chick.  If not here on earth...then one day in Heaven for sure.






I remember a time or two before the Lord interrupted my life and saved me from myself...when Christians tried to plant seeds.  I hated it when they said...they'd pray for me.  They sounded so self righteous.  How dare they pray for me!  What they really needed to do was go and pray for themselves.

Obviously, they were the ones in need of prayer.

To hear that I was a sinner was so offensive.  To my pride.  Didn't they know how good I was?  How much better of a person than so&so I was????  How many good things I did each and every day?

...but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.
James 1:14


The Lord is ever so patient and persistent in His loving kindness.

He wooed me in such a way that all I could do was fall deeply and passionately in love with Him.




2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hello!

Just stopping by to say hi. :) My husband actually found your blog as he was looking at "Texas Tiny Houses"...think y'all had a blog post on it sometime in 2009.

Anyway...love your blog and your beautiful family! I'm certain we will one day meet in Heaven!

And I had never heard of Dr. Butterfield...but wow! What the church has yet to learn, eh? Myself included. sigh.

Happy Blessing to you and yours!
Jenn

Jenn said...

Oops...Tiny Texas Houses :)