»

Jan 25, 2011

Roots


Watching Roots with the girls. It really is a MUST SEE.

And again, it's AMAZING how much of it I remember. 1977 was a long time ago.

Zion...that surprisingly perceptive daughter of mine...wanted to know if Kunta Kinte was the same guy from Reading Rainbow. She hasn't seen Reading Rainbow in years! Amazing that she even remembers the show at all!!!!

Makes me want to write me some scripts. And find me some producers.

Oh, the impact of storytelling. The lasting impact.

2 comments:

Kim Thompson said...

Oh I remember watching Roots with our neighbor girls!! Isn't it like 8 million hours long? I remember watching it over a period of a few days. Totally need to have my kids watch it!! Thanks for the reminder!

Kim Thompson said...

Oh my gosh, and Reading Rainbow!! "Butterfly in the sky..." that show was so goofy!!