»

Jan 7, 2011

Define Good

So Braverijah finally got his car back. She's been in the shop for 2 months. That's how long it took him to gather the funds to get her out.

It's been sorta nice in a way ...having to taxi him back and forth to work...even though I grumbled to myself about it a few times. And when he would take my car to work that meant I was stuck at home stranded w/out wheels. But even that was sorta nice cause it forced me to stay home. I grumbled about it though. A few times.

A girlfriend and I were talking this week about life struggles. About allowing the Lord to renew our minds and learning how to see what appears to be "bad" as "good." We do know that all things pass thru the throne room, right? And we know that we know that we know that the Lord is good, right? So then the fact that what the Lord purposes or permisses in the lives of His children...must ultimately on some level be good, right? It's easier to wrap our heads around the coming good...I think than to walk in the knowledge here and now..that this or that is for my good and for my families good.....not only for my/our future good...but even for my/our good today.

At least...that's what I struggle with.

Wrapping my head around that.

It crossed my mind and I even dwelt for a bit on thoughts like...Why? Why, Lord would you not want us to be able to help our son w/his car? Why don't we have the resources to do this thing for him? We would like to bless him. Why the struggle? Why can't he make money to save money? Why would you have it fly out the window like that? Spent on a car of all things. We'd rather see him travel if he wasn't gonna save it. Etc. etc.etc.

I think it boils down to the definition of good.

We need to define the term.

Define...good.

Oh, Lord! Renew my mind.

5 comments:

emma claire said...

I LOVE LOVE this post Dawn!! It was what I needed to hear today!! You are so right, God is good, even when we perceive things as "bad". Nothing God does is bad!! Why can't we wrap our brains around that??Because we like comfort I think. Comfort makes us "feel" good, but in the end, what makes us grow in HIM is the "bad". Thanks for this encouragement!! xoxo

emma claire said...

These comments are actually from Kim, logged into Emma's computer!! Bet you thought that was pretty deep for a 13 year old, huh? tee hee

Anonymous said...

HA! I was so surprised that she called me Dawn :)

familygregg said...

That was me...accidentaly logged in as Galilee :)

Shelley said...

Needed this.

Different financial circumstance...same struggle.

Shelley