»

Nov 6, 2010

I can't be mad at the boys for picking up a hitchhiker on the side of the road at 2 a.m. last nite despite everything they've been taught about hitchhikers, right?


She was visibly upset, drunk as a skunk, and in her 30's. I guess her boyfriend had kicked her out...so they told her to get in..... and gave her a ride to the nearest gas station.

For goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!! She could've had a gun or been an ax murdering psycho freak chick!!!!!!!!!!!

Bria put my mind at ease by telling me that Mcabe was all set and ready to go w/a choke hold from the backseat.

Darn it. Even though they disobeyed direct orders...I do believe they did the right thing.

________________________

And what were they doing out at 2 a.m. you might ask? We haven't given them a curfew because they tell us where they are...take all our calls...and phone us periodically during their time away from home. They tell us when they screw up too. It's not easy...but they come clean.

When they are told to come home now/immediately/rightnow...they do.

I love these boys so much and I do not for one moment take for granted the bonds of trust we share.

Don't get me wrong...I am fully aware that they are more than capable of lying through their front teeth.

I am confident though of this.

The Lord is faithful to reveal such things to us. See Daniel 2.

4 comments:

Kaarin said...

I love reading your blog.

Raising Family said...

This girl was luck it was your boys who picked her up! A drunk girl and hitch hiking!! R U kidding me!?

familygregg said...

I know. She could have been faced with some real danger. Mcabe was like, "What kindof guy would do that? WHO would DO THAT?!!!"

Ted Grider said...

Read about your boys picking up the hitcher. As our boys have grown into young men, I often times find myself quietly humming "This is My Father's World" as a way to remember that all that is around us is God's (including our children and the situations they find themselves in). The world is a big place. Yet, God is bigger still.