»

Aug 14, 2009

Okay...so I think I am being convicted of something. I've got this nagging feeling...nagging sounds negative...it's more like a check in my spirit...a red flag that keeps pooping up. It won't go away and circumstances are pushing me into a corner.

I believe I am still in the "Math" box.

That's a lie.

I know I am.

Touchy subject. Touchy subject. Touchy subject.


Why?

Because I do not have a natural affinity for Math.

Because I do not enjoy teaching or doing Math.

Because...in this home....Math brings with it stress. MUCH stress.

Last year we paid a tutor to teach the girls Math. It was great. Write the check. File away the grades she handed out. Never look back.

Really though....the girls are still at a level that I can handle.

The question is: Do I want to handle it?

And the question that follows that question...When we get to a point that I cannot handle...am I desiring to further my own education and learn alongside my kids?

The honest answer to both: No.

The new questions are...but, should I be handling it? Should I be desiring it?

Ummmmmmmmmm......that's where the conviction is coming in.

Darn it...I think so.

And double darn it...unless something changes...I think this might be boiling down to an issue of trust and obedience...on my end.

1 comments:

Kim Thompson said...

Good for you Dawn! This is a stretch for me too. There are so many math programs that have DVDs and CD ROMS now though- that is how we are getting through with Emma's higher level math.