»

Aug 12, 2009

Home-Education

It is slowly dawning on me that most of the local schools are back in session already. We spent the afternoon at the library...and yeah....the school across the street was back to business as usual. It feels extremely early for this girl who grew up back east...where things like this did not happen until sometime in September.

I guess it's time to "gear up" for the new academic year. Not easy to do in this heat...and especially after such an enjoyable and utterly relaxing summer break.

Had a co-op meeting last nite which knocked my socks off! I am so encouraged to be involved w/this group of selfless families (moms especially at this moment because they are on the front lines)...who are choosing to steward their gifts/abilities/talents/bents in such ways as to not only bless their own children ...but others' children as well.

This year our family will have 4 kids in co-op @ $15/mos...TOTAL....which covers the cost of the space. Moms are sharing the load...teaching all classes.

Mcabe, Galilee, and Jemima:

Institute For Excellence In Writing
Art History
Literature


Zion:

Character First

I am very excited about the upcoming year and feel blessed by my friends. Also, honored to be teaching their children alongside my own.

It is not something that is taken for granted. It is something I appreciate and acknowledge as a gift.

Many countries do not share our freedoms.

Many states w/in our own country do not share our freedoms.

If our nation continues on the trajectory it seems to be on....we may potentially lose some of these freedoms...or get a little banged up trying to hold onto them.

_______________________

Aside from co-op...Galilee & Jemima will do Math. Zion will join them for Dance. Sometime soon...I must get her really Reading...w/Phonics lessons and all.

Mcabe will do Chemistry...as well as College Math...Photography...and maaaaaaybe Sign Language.

Then, there's the stuff we always want to do...but find hard to fit in...like Spelling...Grammar....etc. We are on our own for History this year. My plan is to read lots of historical novels and have the kids make their own timeline.

________________________

Bria is off on his own doing the full time college thing....Film Track.

1 comments:

Kate Taylor said...

I love what you guys are doing! I love your intentionality in teaching & training your kids! I admire your emphasis on relationships through your co-op! I'm praying it's a great year for you guys! xoxo