»

Jul 2, 2009


Zion found Lizzy in the backyard. She loved her and loved her and loved her for three days. Lizzy lived in a Tupperware terrarium...complete with rocks, leaves, a twig bridge, fresh water, and live ants (caught in the backyard also.)








Lizzy was going to live with us forever and ever because Zion loved her soooooo much. Then Zion got to feeling like maybe Lizzy shouldn't be living in a cage. After thinking about it for a long hard afternoon....she decided to be selfless and let Lizzy go.




Within five minutes...no lie....all that was left of Lizzy was a flinching tail. Seems Zion assisted some large bird with easy access to their supper meal.

I was waiting for the tears to flow.

She shrugged. Oh well.

That's what living with hunters does for a girl.

2 comments:

Kate Taylor said...

LOVE this post! Reminds me so much of Kate...I have blogged several times about "Lizzy's" she has caught. Except the last one was killed by her little sister, rather than a bird.

I enjoyed the way you told about it! :)

Bill and Christina said...

That sounds like my daughter. But she loves to try and keep worms. Worms?!?! I have no idea where that comes from but I have to say it is funny.

Christina