»

Jul 3, 2009

Joshua 24:15

So we've been talking a lot about worship around here...especially since Galilee and Jemima were saved last month. Suddenly, it seems songs have taken on new meaning for them. I see light bulbs going on every day.

The girls are in a Worship dance troupe (not currently J.E.'s group) and tonight was their long anticipated "recital." We arrived at the location...tray of cupcakes in hand...ready to give Him all the glory, honor and praise.

It soon became apparent that it wouldn't be in the way we thought it would.

For many years now, our family has been presented with opportunities to speak the truth in love regarding certain false doctrine and unbiblical teachings. We do not seek these opportunities out...but they have a way of falling into our laps. Over and over and over again. Same issues. Again and again.

Well, tonight we were presented with a dilemma. Can we worship the Lord in a place that houses a so-called ministry that not only contradicts completely but insults enormously who Jesus is? Mocks Him. Can we align ourselves with such a place in any way? Would dancing there (borrowed space) in a Worship service be aligning ourselves?

Bradley was in a movie theatre w/Bria. I phoned my parents to discuss.

Across the room, the girls were stretching. Lots of sweet smiles and excitement.

After about a minute of processing ... I needed silence.

I needed to listen for that still small voice.

I do believe Christ followers can worship all the way up to the very gates of
hell.

I have no desire to resemble a Pharisee picking and choosing for myself who/where/how/and when.

I do not think "places/buildings" have a hold on us...or power over us.

Most everyone there...as far as I could tell....had no idea what this ministry is or the blasphemy it propagates worldwide.

Silence.


Then, very clearly...I received the conviction I knew would come.

On the wall was a banner which read, "A Safe Place."

Nope. Not a chance.

"As for me and my house...we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

I explained why we were leaving to the dance troupe leaders who were very gracious (although a bit confused)... and to my girls. It wasn't easy. I cried. A child of mine cried.

The girls had worked so hard. Lots of practice. Cute make-up, hair, and tutus. Their friends would be disappointed. Their numbers would have to be re-worked w/out much warning...causing trouble for everyone. The audience would be arriving w/in the hour. No cupcakes :(

Still, I knew that I knew that I knew...by the Lord's prompting that we would be worshipping Him by leaving that place and dancing elsewhere.


"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer [allow] you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
"
I Corinthians 10:13:


We went for ice-cream and had a discussion about true worship and following our convictions. It was revealed that one of the girls was struggling w/pride. She was a bit miffed. We went deeper.

If it is about us...we will be ticked when it doesn't go our way. If it is about the Lord....we obey what He tells us. Through our obedience...He is worshipped.

As the sun set...we pulled out the boom box and had at it.

Galilee and Jemima did their best to join Zion for her number...Big House. Then, they praised their King with Small.


After showing one child some of the you tube videos of the false teacher/preacher operating out of this ungodly so-called ministry...she began to cry. Horrified and repulsed by what she saw...she hugged me and said, "I'm sorry for not trusting you. Thank you for having us leave."

Our Lord is not a Lord of confusion.

When He speaks to our hearts...we are to obey.

Obedience will cost us.

I pretty much know now when He speaks to me. It's usually when I must do something that in my flesh I do not want to do.

It's when I realize that I will be sick to my stomach if I do not.

9 comments:

Ginger said...

I am so thankful that you are my friend. You are a wise woman. I know you do the hard things. I am glad that you do.

Seven's Heaven said...

wow........ sorry to miss the fun, ha, sorry to miss the challenge. love you for listening.

familygregg said...

Thanks. Ladies...for your love and encouragement.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

My heart is deeply saddened by all the times in the past....I can recall that I did not leave because I was afraid to make a scene or go against the flow. Thank you for not being afraid. Thank you for being my friend!

familygregg said...

thank you for protecting me.
Galilee

Lori said...

God has given you such a discerning heart for the TRUTH....
this must have been hard, but you had the courage to be obedient. You are truly a huge blessing to me- thanks for sharing! P.S. Love Allistair Begg..... heard him for the first time about five years ago when he was in town for the Phoenix Seminary graduation at Desert Springs Bible Church. He was amazing!

Jordan said...

Dawn, this was such an encouragement to me. To see you make a wise, yet very, very hard decision to bring honor to God. Seeing all of the trouble it would cause the dance team and others, I don't know that I would have been able to follow that conviction. It's so encouraging to see a mom follow her conviction, no matter what the cost. I pray that I can be that bold and set an example for my son when that time comes. Thank you for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

I disagree. If you have a true relationship with the lord, the building means nothing for you yourself are the temple.

familygregg said...

Anonymous:

Pit of hell.

We will have to agree to disagree.