»

Jul 9, 2009

I had a girlfriend once who had it planted firmly in her head that her young daughter "needed" her own bedroom...that she "deserved" it.

Ummmmmmm.......my thoughts about what our kids needed and deserved were different.

I was raised to share everything with my brother and I wouldn't have it any other way. Locking doors and "Do Not Enter" signs were never an option. "Mine" and "Yours"...nuh uh.

Selfishness comes naturally. It's really ugly when you see it.

Selflessness....must be modeled.

Oh Lord, teach us to be selfless. Place us in situations where selflessness blossoms.

On a whole other note.......
What I love most about this image is the pillow wedged between Jemima's knees. You see....it proves to me that she is watching me closely and attempting to walk through life as I do.

I sleep with a pillow between my knees nightly due to back trouble. She...on the other hand....has no back trouble...but still uses a pillow. Just like her Mom :)

7 comments:

C said...

When we announced we were adding a third child, one woman asked, "What are you going to do about a house?"

"Well, we already have a house. In fact, you've been there."

"Yes, but it's only 3 bedrooms. Where will everyone sleep??"

"Ummm ... in the BEDROOMS."

She was dumbfounded.

So was I.

Seven's Heaven said...

I can't figure that out either. Sharing is a great preparation for having a family. Christ on earth had time alone, but didn't have His own place. He shared completely beyond what we humans could do. It's probably time for Alex to share again. She used the solitude for her music but the girls can learn from eachother when they're together. Jeff and Lizzy are sleeping together since their roommates are gone. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

How sweet!!!! Did you and your brother share a room? Cute!

familygregg said...

Anonymous:

We did. Most of the time...growing up.

familygregg said...

And Anonymous...I know who you are :)

Anonymous said...

:) :) :)

familygregg said...

Anonymous: You need help.