»

Jul 30, 2009

Greenwich, Ct....Bay Ridge, Bklyn...Wednesday

Greenwich, Ct.
My old home...I miss it so much.

Todd's Point reunion. Long lost friends...I miss them so much.

Joy

Suzanne

Anthony

Aunt Sandy

Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
58th & 5th...where both sets of grandparents lived...where my parents grew up on the same block.

Mom and her parents, Katherine and Richard lived in this brownstone.

Dad and his parents, Alice and Hans lived in this corner apartment.


Johnny's Pizza was directly across the street.
I started to cry the minute I walked in the door. So many memories. So much emotion.



Recognition flickered across the face of the the older guy."You're not related to Ricky?????????are you?...he asked. "I am. I'm his sister"...I sniffled and wiped the tears from my cheeks. "I knew it! You looka just lika your mother!" He pointed to Zion..."And she looks justa lika you when you were a little girl!" Johhny is no longer here but his son runs the place now and made me feel as if it were just yesterday when we saw each other in the neighborhood as kids.

1 comments:

KB said...

Wow, Dawn. It's so cool to learn a smidgen of your past through these photos. Thanks for sharing!