»

May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I have one who's currently got me a little looney (probably not the one who comes to mind)...one who needs deeper engagement...one who is awakening to the world and taking some big strides...one who defines "chill"...and one who is testing new waters.

I've come to realize that not one of them has gotten the exact same me as their siblings have. I am ever learning, ever growing, and ever changing...hopefully for the better. Sure, there's some things that stay the same...but many, many things have differed during the various seasons of my life. I've been steadfast, apathetic, depressed, fun, anxious, fearful, focused, distracted, motivated, angry, hopeful, resentful, stressed, mournful, joyful....and a handful of other things.....along the way.

My hope and prayer is that I can look the each of my children in the eye and say, "Through it all, I tried to give you the best of me."

My kids are smart. Really really smart. There are times when I am not giving them my best and they know it.

That's when I get around to saying, "I haven't given my best. I've settled for less and I'm sorry."

There is no perfect home this side of Heaven. There are no perfect earthly parents. If we are honest with them and speak truth...I truly believe we will see miracles daily.

1 comments:

Brenda said...

I struggle with this sometimes. I get focused on my imperfection. Fortunately for my children their hope is in God. I am just the scruffy little tool He found under the sink that He is using.