»

Apr 12, 2009



We were in the mood for a Pinkberry so we walked. I had forgotten about the beauty of this building on the corner of Wilshire & Beverly and about the height and lankiness of L.A. palms.


Willie's eyes caught my attention right away. The are a beautiful grey blue and I told him so. I think he was a little embarrassed by the compliment. I asked him if he was hungry and he said that he was. He likes Subway's tuna melts on flat bread....so that's what I got him. With mayo, mustard, pickles and a little bit of lettuce. He got a bag of chips and a Sprite too....along with a request. "I am a photographer, Willie and I do not want to offend you in anyway. Would it be dishonoring if I snapped a photo of those eyes of yours?"

Again, he chuckled shyly and said, "That would be alright."

He wanted to know what color I saw.

"Grey blue."

"But they are yellow all around,"...he said puzzled by my admiration.

"I don't see yellow. Just greyblue."

What a lovely, lovely man.

Anette Benning was in the crosswalk. She looks great! Naturally beautiful.

And then we walked home...stopping to admire things we don't normally see.

3 comments:

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I love L.A.. Many don't understand...but I was born and raised as a 3rd generation Los Angeleson....it's in the blood. It's been bittersweet to watch it change...the people...the places...the times...

Audra Krell said...

Your photos bless me and speak to me, these are gorgeous.
I don't know if you remember, but our boys were on the same soccer team, they were about 5 and 4, up in Grayhawk, Ricky was one of the coaches. Our family even went to Brunch on Mother's Day I think with you and your extended family. I had met your mom through a Christian Women's association. Can't believe how many years have passed, and our oldest will be 16 on Saturday.
Thank you for sharing your photography.

familygregg said...

WOW! Audra, I had no idea. That's cool. Funny how the Lord weaves, huh? Thanks for the photography encouragement.