»

Jan 28, 2009

The Princess and The Pea

We used the Lauren Child version. I simply love her. Charlie and Lola (the cartoon) is my favorite! And Clarice Bean (the book series) is adorable.



Everone tried the homemade Split Pea Soup.....but obviousy.....not everbody like it. Connor's description: "It tasted like garbage."

Free internet coloring pages. Just do a google search.
Zion decided to give her princess "raven" hair because that's what the princess in the story had.




The kids had no problem coming up w/more than three.

Recall Question.

Dictionary Skills Primer.



Artsy Stuff.

Lauren Child is the most fabulous artist. So sweet. Collage and illustration is what we covered in this lesson. Each student was asked to incorporate both in a work. I used torn images from a J Crew catalogue to get them started.

4 comments:

Susan G said...

ok the picture of Connor CRACKS me up! So subtle!!!!!!


What a fun day! I love when you teach! You are so fun!

Sean's Ladies said...

love it!! you are so creative!!! love that you got these great shots while teaching, too! Amazing!

familygregg said...

Thanks, Girls. And don't forget CHEAP! This lesson cost practically nothing to put together.

Alex Karl said...

I wish you were still our Literature teacher because you are so great in the high school class and I love it when you teach!