»

Dec 20, 2008

I Love Facebook!


It is so incredibly awesome that people who have not seen each other since grade school can catch up across the years and miles like no time has passed. Memories are flooding back. I recognize every single face in that photo....and most of the names....too!!!!!!! Our brains are amazing! I'm back in Staten Island....P.S.(Public School ) #32. I remember the outfit. Believe it or not....I remember Ira Ashwal's shirt, Chris Castella's overalls, and Francine Scotto's turtle neck. I remember the hair-do...doing it that day for the photo. I remember the monkey bars on the playground...and hopscotch. I remember standing on the toilet to talk over the stall with my girlfriend and getting in trouble with the assistant principal. I remember peeing in my pants during a fire drill. I remember bomb scares where we had to get under the table (cold war.) I remember immunizations in the hallway...given by the nurse. I remember waiting at the bus stop and giving my mom my poncho because it was 75 degrees and I didn't need it. I remember that my mom would pack date nut bread and cream cheese sandwiches. I remember the day that I was laughing so hard in the cafeteria....that I snorted milk out of my nose. I remember that my brownie troop met in the same cafeteria and one time I said "What the hell?" and my mom made a big deal and told my dad when he got home from work. I remember loving those times.

1 comments:

Sean's Ladies said...

oh, Heidi, you are so cute!!!