»

Nov 8, 2008

UPDATE: PLEASE READ LEST I HAD A PART TO PLAY IN LEADING YOU ASTRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When there is a polarization on issues...I tend to be one of the one's who falls squarely and firmly into a particular camp.
All CHRISTians who voted believe they voted in alignment with the Spirit. All who voted one way....made a choice not to vote the other way. There is a judgement inherently built into that choice. CHRISTians....stand firm for that judgement! Do not shrink from it. Stand firm.

Here's the way I see it:
There will be either confirmation or there will be discipline.

I'm thinking things inside the church might get very interesting over the next few years.


Righteousness will prevail.




Again, do not forget when things get tough.......every single vote had a judgement built into it.
-
*********************************
*********************************
*********************************
Okay....I took the Dutch Sheets comment down. Upon further study and research...there is a level of arsenic (overdose!!!!!!!!) interwoven into his ministry...that I am not willing to swallow. btw......no arsenic is good arsenic.

His message was forwarded by another and this just reitorates the NECESSITY to go deeper....ALWAYS....as looney will most likely be mingled with lovely. I was not subscribing to all of his conclusions...but thought some of his thoughts were interesting. In fact, we were discussing a few of those very thoughts this evening around the dinner table. Tossing them back and forth. Bringing them before what we already know to be true. I should've looked into his ministry before posting. I do not support his ministry.
Lesson learned.
www.equip.org

__________________________
Here's my lingering question:

When we (believers) clearly disobey in any area of our lives...can this be God's will for us? I know He allows it...and works all together for good etc...but can it actually be His will for us? Or does our disobedience usher in circumstances which are not His will at all????? But will ultimately be used to bring about His purposes???????????

Am I thinking too much?

This is the sort of stuff that keeps me up at nite.

9 comments:

David said...

Mrs. Gregg, thank you for this post! There is a book in you and it is not fiction. Please write it, soon. And I am good for a case or two. Bless you.

Raising Family said...

good research girl! i DID like what he had to say but did not look into his ministry, lesson learned here too. We too talked about the things he had to say as far as God's will. I do believe it is His will for us to make good decisions especially when all the facts are laid out before you, but thank God for Romans 8:28!!! so many times i have made wrong choices but gained wisdom and strength (God's goodness). I do believe these times are going to be interesting and there will be consequences for decisions made but for all who truly seek His face we will see and experience His goodness, others will miss it! Jeni

Anonymous said...

I haven't researched the man, BUT the thing that didn't sit well with me was this. God brought Pontius Pilate to power to do God's bidding. As he did Herod. As he has every king, good and wicked, yet he directs their hearts as a watercourse wherever he pleases.

It is as you said....God is on His throne.

Anonymous said...

Oh, one other thing....his words seem to express a belief that God is subject to be overruled by the will of the people--that God might be wringing his hands over the outcome of the election. Yet Scripture says that nothing can thwart the will of God.

Raising Family said...

Ok, so i have been doing some thinking and so appreciate your challenge with that last question. I am not sure if you were wanting people to respond to the question but here is my thought.
I think back to the first sin and I dont believe that it was Gods will for Adam and Eve to take a bite of the forbidden fruit. I dont think it is ever God's will for us to sin BUT our all knowing God knew they would eat the fruit. I think despite our sin, God's purpose will still be there and accomplished, sometimes we just take the long route ie making bad decisions. But the goodness (Romans 8:28) is the repenting, the wisdom we gain and the lives we touch through our bad decisions. I think for believers our sin becomes the long route but filled with His goodness, grace and mercy.
Now i am going to be thinking about this the rest of the day. love the challenge and would love to hear others thoughts because I believe the spirit leads.
Good stuff Dawn!!

familygregg said...

Yes, Angelia. I so agree that the Lord is in NO WAY wringing his hands. He is in absolute control. He is not surprised.

I was having this discussion w/a friend a while back about something totally unrelated to politics. I think it comes down to understanding His will for our lives and contemplating what He allows & permits alongside that perfect will of His. For example, was it His will that Abraham and Sarah took matters into their own hands through an act of impatience and distrust? He opened Hagar's womb. He allowed a child to be born. And He used the situation to accomplish His purposes....but was it His will that they made that choice in their own strength? That they stepped out in sin?

It's so much to think about. My brain hurts.

Bradley just gave me the example that sticks w/him. The Lord would have us not exasperate our children. It is obviously His will.... that as believers we would not do that.

One day in particular, Bradley did just that...he exasperated the boys. Was it the Lord's will that this would happen? Or, was it Brad's sin...which was permitted? The Spirit brought conviction and repentance and forgiveness followed. Ultimately, Bradley had an opportunity to humble himself before the Lord & his boys and it's as if the exasperation was erased...but at the same time....the lesson of that day was buried deep in hearts. "It became a really cool teachable moment," in Bradley's words.
Roman 8:28

I am currently doing a weekly Women's Bible Study on Knowing the Lord's Will. Last week...it became very clear to all of us that the Lord's will for us does not include sin. I cannot be living in an adulterous affair and calling it the Lord's will. I cannot be impatient or mean to my children and call it the Lord's will etc.

As always....in all areas of our lives....it's time to pray that Christians (we) would come under conviction for any sinful/wayward ways. The Holy Spirit is not a liar. Conviction will come to those who have ears to hear. And thankfully, the good work that has begun in us will be finished.

I've been thinking about a Book Club. Any interest?
Miss you.

familygregg said...

Jeni:

I was responding to Angelia when your comment came through. Sounds like we are on the same wavelenght with this. I'm not kidding....my mind is going...going....going.....

Off to worship Jesus, the promised Messiah who interrupted my sinful life and saved me from myself.

Vicki said...

Glad you made that point about Dutch Sheets. I forwarded his response to the election to several friends but now wish I hadn't. He made several excellent observations,although I couldn't agree with him on everything...it's hard to forward anything without someone thinking you're condoning an entire ministry. Learned my lesson, though. Thanks!

familygregg said...

vicki: hi. seems like you and I had Martin Luther on the brain October 31st :)