»

Nov 24, 2008

American Geography

DSC_0002
DSC_0005
DSC_0003
Ummmmmm.....yeah. So far it's just been puzzles and what they get through Literature and their Elections class. Time for a more formal study? Possibly.

All I know is....I could not fill in a blank map of the U.S. if someone were offering me a million dollars to do it.

In the fourth grade I could've done it though....and identified the state capitals..... and the state flowers...... and the state birds.

In one ear....out the other.

3 comments:

Sean's Ladies said...

nice pics. helps that you have such a freaking cool house as a backdrop!!!

Kimberly said...

I love the lighting with Jemima.

Stephanie said...

Ok a little goofy and maybe your kids are too old, but I still remember to this day doing a huge salt dough map of the United States. We used a Sharpie to draw state lines and write in state capitals and water-colored each state a different color. Then we added mountain ridges (for like the Cascades, etc.) and lakes. Oh it was soo fun! I think my mom might even still have it somewhere in the garage....

Lots of fun, fun memories that are still attached to my brain! Lol. Plus it's a little messy--which is perfect for creating memorable experiences with younger ones. :)