»

Sep 16, 2008

Women's Bible Study

Today I re-entered the world of a weekly women's Bible study. It's been a long season at home....where duties and life's circumstances....and maybe even a wounded heart.......... have kept me away. How refreshing! Seeing old faces. Seeing new faces. It's all so familiar and somehow correct...for me....for this season.

It is the Lord who is so familiar. The Lord...ministering, working, and moving...amongst his daughters.

This morning.....thoughts of my husband and his dreams arose. Thoughts of my five children living in heaven arose. Thoughts of my saved children arose. Thoughts of my unsaved children arose. Thoughts of family dynamics arose. Thoughts of relationship challenges arose. Thoughts of my struggles arose. Thoughts of my sister's struggles arose.

Thoughts...unspoken prayers...all in submission. All in stillness.

Be still and know that I AM GOD: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Congrats on going back. Ours women's Bible studies just started and with school I did not go back. I cannot commit to reading or even the hour to go. I feel like I am missing out. I wanted to add a film to your Must See List. "The List". We watched it on Friday.

familygregg said...

We will rent it.

Anonymous said...

Hey....

I will call you tomorrow. Couldn't today.

Love,

Angelia

Unspeakable Joy said...

kudos!! i recently started back again and feel so refreshed. i even woke up grouchy (as usual) and started waking kids up and thought i'm blessing my family right now! that's not something i think i've ever thought, especially in the morning! :) hope you really enjoy it.