»

Jul 14, 2008

City of Angels

If you know me at all you know that I do not like to pay full price for ANYTHING. Especially clothing. I LOOOOVE resale shopping almost as much as I LOOOOVE a stop at L.A.'s garment district....or "shmata alley" as we say in yiddish. Now you get to go look up the definition of shmata if you're curious :)



My ever patient man drove around waiting for me while I dashed in and out of a few of my all time favorite shops. Lickety split...quick as lightening.....I gathered a cute new dress for myself ...some funky leggins and Ed Hardy "t"'s for the girls...3 tank tops/$10 and some shoes for the Johnson sisters. Sometimes I amaze myself. Lesser women would buckle under the sweltering humidity, hot dog cart odors and pressure :) Maybe it has something to do with the "Big Apple" in me.

5 comments:

emma claire said...

Are those realy people?

familygregg said...

LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Yes.

Susan G said...

Ok, you are so funny!!!!!!! I love the hippy in you!!!! Jemima must have LOVED what you got!!!!!!!

Sean's Ladies said...

oh, c'mon. That is no big deal. With strollers double wide with the heat before the garage closes in an hour is WAY worse. You had it easy. LOL

familygregg said...

No doubt We had it waaaaaaay worse.....despite the hysterical fun. My solo visit was a BREEEEEZE in comparison...and not nearly as memorable.