»

May 4, 2008


I've been meditating on the word TRUST lately. I just love how Noah Webster freely acknowledges the Lord in his 1828 Dictionary. And I love that we have this Dictionary as a resource. His passion lives on and still does the work of edification nearly two centuries later. What a legacy.


He defines the word, in part....in the following ways:

1. Confidence; a reliance or resting of the mind on the integrity, veracity, justice, friendship or other sound principle of another person.
He that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe. Prov.29.

2. He or that which is the ground of confidence.
O Lord God, thou art my trust from my youth. Ps.71.

3. Charge received in confidence.
Reward them well, if they observe their trust.

4. That which is committed to one's care. Never violate a sacred trust.

5. Confident opinion of any event.
His trust was with th' Eternal to be deem'd Equal in strength.

6. To place confidence in; to rely on.
We cannot trust those who have deceived us.
He that trusts every one without reserve, will at last be deceived.

Oh Lord, may I be a trustworthy spouse, parent, friend....

And, may I travel a path of obvious trust in You.

0 comments: