»

May 30, 2008

I often wonder what my kids would do with their days if I gave them absolutely nothing to do. Obviously, the boys would take up chess.....





......and tear up the carpet in their room so they could eventually get around to staining the concrete....

.......Jemima would crochet......

....and read historical fiction.....

.......Mcabe would concoct a meal.....

......Galilee would sleep late.....

.....and dream of the coming Prince Caspian.....

....Bria would work on his script....

.....Zion would suddenly take in interest in oral health....

....and not one would clean up after themselves.



I think this is sorta what "unschooling" is all about. This style of
home-educating has always intriqued me while scaring me silly. It's so neat the way the Lord guides people differently.

5 comments:

Sean's Ladies said...

you know their spouses will be orderly, scheduled, neat freaks, right? Just preparing you!! :)

Sean's Ladies said...

but what really matters outside of the Lord is all there.... treats, unity, rest, higher thinking, creativity, skills handed down through the generations and love, love, love.

Sean's Ladies said...

PS: OCD parents are what are scary. :)

Susan G said...

That is so funny!!!!!! I love how each of your kids is so different! Hey, I see them working on their keepers! WAY TO GO!

sus

Kim Thompson said...

I love it! It looks like out house in the summer. Even though we are home most days, for some reason in the summer the house seems to get turned upside down daily! I love to see their creativity though!