»

May 30, 2008

Beth Shalom....House of Peace


I have been given ten children to love as my own. Five, I hold in my arms. Five, I will one day. Each has taught me treasured lessons. I am far from the perfect mother and I have no special wisdom....only a growing desire to see intimacy nurtured between parents and their children. My Beth Shalom line of blankets is an idea born out of my many failures and more importantly, the Lord's all sufficient grace which continually covers them.

Here's what I wish I would've done sooner. Sat each of my children down when they were young and said, "It's quiet time. You are to rest quietly by me, right here on your blanket...at my side. It's the Lord's desire that we live together in a house of peace...so sit, Baby...for a while. Sit close to me...right here under my wing...and allow the Lord to provide protection and comfort through me." Gently, without frustration, tenderly, with love....I wish I would've said this to each of them from infancy. And in doing so....I would've hoped that their little hearts would be trained in stillness....trained in peace.

Handmade with the softest of chenille...interwoven with intercessory prayer....may each Beth Shalom blanket be a tiny instrument the Lord uses to prepare hearts for the peace which is found in His only begotten Son......Jeshua, the Messiah.

Psalm 131:2

approx. 20"x20"

8 comments:

Sean's Ladies said...

LOVE it!! Love the colors, love the name, love the heart behind it. LOVE it

Ginger said...

Emma received one of these from you when she was born. I thought it was such a cool blanket but now I know what it really is and I am so blessed to have it. Thank you Dawn

Angelia Ditterbug said...

Dawn,

I want to be in your & Cate's blog group on attachment....please, please, please?!

Sign me up! :-)

Angelia

Susan G said...

That is so beautiful! You have so many awesome talents!!!!!!

Kim Thompson said...

Love it Dawn! I didn't know you knit too! You are so talented! Where did you get the pattern for this?

familygregg said...

I chrochet. I used to knit but I forget how over the years.

I made this up in my own little head :)

btw....glad you liked all your b-day stuff. Emma has been in contact w/ me for weeks ....planning etc. she's adorable!

familygregg said...

Of course, Angelia.
Miss You.

familygregg said...

Angelia,
Can you please start working on your blog so that I can see some pix? ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!